- First Year Senior Achievement:
- Awards half payment to attend state camp for the following year.
- Second Year Senior Achievement:
- Awards a three-day educational legislative trip to Pierre to watch and learn about the legislative process as well as the history of South Dakota's capital city.
- Third Year Senior Achievement:
- This award combines both fun and education on a bus trip to Minneapolis, MN. Participants tour regional cooperative facilities and learn about a number of non-agriculture cooperatives, such as REI (Recreation Equipment Cooperative) and food store cooperatives. While in the Twin cities, they visit a variety of other Minneapolis/St. Paul points of interest.
- Fourth Year Senior Achievement:
- This award gives a senior youth the opportunity to attend the National Farmers Union All-States Leadership Camp in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. All-States Leadership Camp gathers the dedicated "cream of the crop" in the Farmers Union youth program from all across the nation, for leadership, growth and development. Hands-on training and encouragement are taught here, to the future leaders of our organizations, schools, churches and communities.
- Fifth Year Senior Achievement:
- The highest honor bestowed upon young people within the Farmers Union is that of "Torchbearer". These individuals are honored at the state convention and are eligible to represent South Dakota at the National Farmers Union Convention the following year.
At the 2016 Convention Banquet, the Torchbearers honored during the Torchbearer Ceremony
Pictured here with the S.D. Farmers Union Education Director, Rachel Haigh-Blume, the 2016 Torchbearers include; (back row) Cole Van Gorp, Stickney, son of Randy and Jan Van Gorp; Braeden Walton, Mitchell, son of Scott and Lisa Walton; Shaun Snedeker, Woonsocket, son of Mark and Lisa Snedeker; Jonah Murtha, Parkston, son of Becky and Kevin Murtha; (front row) Reece Schulte, Orient, son of Mark and Jil Schulte; Abbey Tschetter, Huron, daughter of Lisa Tschetter and Madelyn Kline, Huron, daughter of Neal and Kristin Kline.