- First Year Senior Achievement:
- Awards half payment to attend state camp for the following year.
- Second Year Senior Achievement:
- Awards a three-day educational legislative trip to Pierre to watch and learn about the legislative process as well as the history of South Dakota's capital city.
- Third Year Senior Achievement:
- This award combines both fun and education on a bus trip to Minneapolis, MN. Participants tour regional cooperative facilities and learn about a number of non-agriculture cooperatives, such as REI (Recreation Equipment Cooperative) and food store cooperatives. While in the Twin cities, they visit a variety of other Minneapolis/St. Paul points of interest.
- Fourth Year Senior Achievement:
- This award gives a senior youth the opportunity to attend the National Farmers Union All-States Leadership Camp in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. All-States Leadership Camp gathers the dedicated "cream of the crop" in the Farmers Union youth program from all across the nation, for leadership, growth and development. Hands-on training and encouragement are taught here, to the future leaders of our organizations, schools, churches and communities.
- Fifth Year Senior Achievement:
- The highest honor bestowed upon young people within the Farmers Union is that of "Torchbearer". These individuals are honored at the state convention and are eligible to represent South Dakota at the National Farmers Union Convention the following year.2013 and 2014 Torchbearers
2014-2015 Junior Advisory Council
From left to right: Dowain Kerner, Gregory; Kiana Brockel, Bison; Alyson Hauck, DeSmet; Ashton Reedy, Philip; Jason Hanson, Herreid; Tyler Novak, Yankton.
In the spirit of developing leaders for the future, a six member Junior Advisory Council is selected by the youth and education Council to serve as leaders, role models and representatives in planning and conducting State Camp. In addition to coordinating, implementing and directing State Camp these individuals participate in a number of leadership development opportunities throughout the year. They are involved in activities such as serving as a page at the state convention, helping with Farmers Union events across South Dakota, and assisting the State Education Director with promotion of education programs.
2015 Senior Advisory Council
Each year there is an opportunity for leadership advancement for two young people who are selected from eligible Torchbearers to serve as youth representatives to the Education Council. These individuals provide input to the Education Department on behalf of Farmers Union youth. Senior Advisory Council members attend Education Council meetings, County Councilors, serve as advisors for the Junior Advisory Council, assist at State Camp, State Convention and with promotion of education programs.
2015 Senior Advisory Council Member Tyana Gottsleben from Philip, SD
2015 Senior Advisory Council Member Jackie Dethlefsen from Stickney, SD