- Hotel Discounts
- South Dakota Farmers Union is excited to announce a new partnership with HotelStorm to bring exclusive hotel discounts to our members. When you use HotelStorm, you'll find savings of 10-55% over other online travel agencies. HotelStorm offers thousands of hotels worldwide, 24/7 concierge, and the best hotel prices. HotelStorm is great for fall vacations, upcoming conferences or events, and any other hotel needs you may have! Just email Pam Evenson, membership specialist for the password
- Vehicle Discounts
- Farmers Union members are now eligible to receive great discounts on new and used vehicles at two South Dakota dealerships! You will receive $250 off the purchase of a new vehicle or $100 off a used vehicle ($8,000 and above) at Prostrollo Motors of Huron. Members must show their membership card to be eligible for the discount. Contact Pam Evenson with questions.
- Machinery Discounts
- Farmers Union members are now eligible to receive $500 off select machinery at Titan Machinery dealerships across South Dakota. Members must show their membership card to be eligible for the discount.
- Double D Western Wear Discount
- Membership in Farmers Union will get you 20% off your entire purchase at Double D Western Wear of Huron (all boots, men's jeans and tack excluded). Just show your membership card and receive this great discount!
- Your Voice in Government
- The Farmers Union is your "hired hand" in the halls of Pierre and Washington D.C. Your organization works full-time to insure that lawmakers and other governmental officials hear our concerns. Year in, year out, our #1 goal is to increase farm income. Learn more about our legislative work here.
- Children of Farmers Union families can participate in summer camps through our education program — and each year over 2,000 of them do just that. Our camp and education program is available to kids in grades 1-12. Camps are held at the county, district, and state levels and are spirited, informative and fun. The Farmers Union also offers awards through our achievement programs as well as scholarships. It's one of the best reasons to be a South Dakota Farmers Union member! Learn more here.
We bring you the latest farm news
- The Union Farmer brings you the latest in farm and ranch news once a month. The Union Farmer provides news on farm legislation, voting records, news from cooperatives and much more. News on any issue that affects farmers, ranchers or rural communities can be in the Union Farmer. Members can also request to be placed on the mailing list for the Rural Lobbyist, published weekly during SD Legislative sessions. Included with your Farmers Union membership dues is a free subscription to the Union Farmer. Read past issues of the Union Farmer here.
Travelers Motor Club
- Travelers Motor Club is a full service auto club that provides worry-free protection when traveling.
Dental & Vision Insurance
- National Farmers Union now offers dental and vision insurance to members only. There is 80% coverage for preventive dental services, which includes one evaluation and two cleanings in a calendar year, fluoride treatment for children under age 14 and a bitewing x-ray once every 12 months. You have the freedom to choose your dentist. The vision plan includes 100% coverage for one routine exam for each insured per calendar year, 20% discount off frames, lenses and contacts, and an average discount of 10-25% off laser surgery.
Farmers Union Insurance
- Excellent insurance protection for your health and life, as well as your farm, machinery, crops, auto, and home is available through your local Farmers Union Insurance agent. In addition to providing you with insurance protection, your insurance dollars give the farm organization financial stability for carrying on the fight to preserve and enhance the family farm system of agriculture. Find out more at the Farmers Union Insurance website.
South Dakota Farmers Union introduces The Community Concept program as a way to challenge our Farmers Union counties to reach out and impact their communities through a matching funds program.
The Farmers Union state office is offering matching funds to counties that are willing to dig into their county monies and give to others in need. Needs may include but are not limited to: rural economic growth, housing development, small community daycare improvements, personal community causes (cancer, farm rescue, etc.), food pantry, coats for community kids, etc.
The hope of this program is to see Farmers Union members join together as a community to provide tangible help to their neighbors, sharing with those in need. Your challenge is to see how you will generously provide aid to others through matching funds.
The Community Concept program will be promoted through information sent to all Farmers Union officers, Farmers Union insurance agents, the Union Farmer publication, and others in the organization interested in the development of rural communities.
The Community Concept is Basic:
- Fill Out the Application (Applications are due by May 31, 2019)
- Matching funds are for up to $500
- A total of 7 Matched Funds are Available in a Calendar Year
- Funds will be Presented by Representatives from the County Chapter
Click here for the 2019 Application
South Dakota Farmers Union launched HOPES (helping our people encourage survivors) in September to create cancer care totes for members and friends going through cancer treatment. The generous outpouring of donations for the cancer care totes has been heartwarming. Today, we are seeking recipients for the cancer care bags which, along with a fleece blanket made by campers this summer also include: hand sanitizers, tissue, pens, activity books and various other items donated to the project. Bags are Free to S.D. Farmers Union members who are undergoing cancer treatments. Or, if a S.D. Farmers Union member would like to send one to a nonmember, undergoing cancer treatments, they are available at a reduced price of $50.
Contact Pam Evenson at 605-352-6761 ext. 116 to get one.
South Dakota State Fair Tickets
As part of your membership with South Dakota Farmers Union, we provide complimentary tickets for Farmers Union Day at the South Dakota State Fair. Contact Luanne Thompson or Karon Rembold at 605-352-671 ext. 111 to get your tickets.