- NEW! Vehicle Discounts
- Farmers Union members are now eligible to receive great discounts on new and used vehicles at three South Dakota dealerships! You will receive $250 off the purchase of a new vehicle or $100 off a used vehicle ($8,000 and above) at Prostrollo Motors of Huron, Aberdeen Chrysler Center, and Schoenhard Ford of Huron. Members must show their membership card to be eligible for the discount. Contact Garret Bischoff with questions.
- NEW! Double D Western Wear Discount
- Membership in Farmers Union will get you 20% off your entire purchase at Double D Western Wear of Huron (all boots, men's jeans and tack excluded). Just show your membership card and receive this great discount!
- NEW! $2,500 Accidental Death Policy
- Membership in South Dakota Farmers Union also gives your family some added security. Members and their spouses are covered by a $2,500 accidental death insurance policy. Each eligible child of dues-paying members is insured for $500. There is no extra charge for this insurance.
- Cabela's Discounts
- Farmers Union has partnered with Cabela's, The World's Foremost Outfitter, to bring great discounts to its members. You'll be eligible for discounts of 10% on all gift cards, as well as 5-20% off merchandise. Click here for details on the program and how you can take advantage of this partnership.
- Your Voice in Government
- The Farmers Union is your "hired hand" in the halls of Pierre and Washington D.C. Your organization works full-time to insure that lawmakers and other governmental officials hear our concerns. Year in, year out, our #1 goal is to increase farm income.
- Education program
- Children of Farmers Union families can participate in summer camps through our education program – and each year over 2,000 of them do just that. Our camp and education program is available to kids in grades 1-12. Camps are held at the county, district, and state levels and are spirited, informative and fun. The Farmers Union also offers awards through our achievement programs as well as scholarships. It’s one of the best reasons to be a South Dakota Farmers Union member!
- We bring you the latest farm news
- The Union Farmer brings you the latest in farm and ranch news once a month. The Union Farmer provides news on farm legislation, voting records, news from cooperatives and much more. News on any issue that affects farmers, ranchers or rural communities can be in the Union Farmer. Members can also request to be placed on the mailing list for the Rural Lobbyist, published weekly during SD Legislative sessions. Included with your Farmers Union membership dues is a free subscription to the Union Farmer.
- Hotel Discounts
- Farmers Union members are eligible for big discounts within the Wyndam Hotel Group, a discount that is not available to the general public. Farmers Union members will receive a 20 percent discount off the lowest regularly available public rate at all of the chains in the WHG system – including: Ramada Worldwide, Days Inn, Wingate Inn, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Super 8, Baymont Inn, Microtel Inns and Suites, Hawthorn Suites and Knights Inn locations. For more information and to take advantage of this great opportunity CLICK HERE.
- Travelers Motor Club
- Travelers Motor Club is a full service auto club that provides worry-free protection when traveling.
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- National Farmers Union now offers dental and vision insurance to members only. There is 80% coverage for preventive dental services, which includes one evaluation and two cleanings in a calendar year, fluoride treatment for children under age 14 and a bitewing x-ray once every 12 months. You have the freedom to choose your dentist. The vision plan includes 100% coverage for one routine exam for each insured per calendar year, 20% discount off frames, lenses and contacts, and an average discount of 10-25% off laser surgery.
- Farmers Union Insurance
- Excellent insurance protection for your health and life, as well as your farm, machinery, crops, auto, and home is available through your local Farmers Union Insurance agent. In addition to providing you with insurance protection, your insurance dollars give the farm organization financial stability for carrying on the fight to preserve and enhance the family farm system of agriculture. Find out more at the Farmers Union Insurance website.
- Homeowner's Discount
- Farmers Union Insurance clients who have their home insured will be eligible for a 5-percent discount on their homeowner's insurance policy by becoming a member of South Dakota Farmers Union. If you're already a member and have your home insured through Farmers Union Insurance you'll see this discount upon your next renewal. If you're already a member you can take advantage of this great discount by becoming a Farmers Union Insurance homeowners insurance policy holder. .
National Farmers Union
With your membership in South Dakota Farmers Union, you'll be eligible for a number of benefits through National Farmers Union.
To find a list of membership benefits click here.