Each year, delegates from Farmers Union counties across the state of South Dakota convene at the annual South Dakota Farmers Union State Convention to adopt the organization's policy program. The policy lays out the ideas, concepts, and programs South Dakota Farmers Union believes in or stands against.
We're a grassroots organization, which means our policies come from the members of the organization. A policy change can be voted on at the county and district level and be brought for consideration before the state delegates at the convention. A group called the State Policy Committee is made up of members from across the state, that bring policy changes forward for consideration as well.
The policy program is followed when the organization lobbies on behalf of farmers, ranchers, and rural communities in the State Capitol and in Washington, D.C.
Find Your Member of the United States House of Representatives Here
Find Your Member of the United States Senate Here
- Violations of the Packers and Stockyards Act
- Voluntary Credit Sale Grain Contract
- Proposed USDA Reorganization
- Product of USA Labeling
- SAFE Vehicles Rule
- Foods Produced Using Animal Cell Culture Technology
- Expand Contracting Authority Under Beef Promotion Order
- Renewable Fuel Standard Volume Requirements
- Meat Labeling Requirements